Thursday, May 28, 2009

Puppy Album

My gosh, its been a while!! We had a family reunion over the weekend, and I have still not recovered! I got to do a lot of cooking, which I love, but it was a lot of work this time! Anyways, we even went fishing, and had oodles of fun. So I thought I would share something with you that I made for one of my husbands friends. Its a dog album. I only have a few of the pages here, but you get the drift of it! This page above, really has a real dog tag on it! The little bones and hydrants were stamps. To make this album, You need, 3 paper bags. 3 different coordinating decorative papers and 2 solids, making one light, and one dark. On this particular album, I used mustard and olive green.
I also used 13 dog quotes. I got them off of my many basset calendars! I just went back through them and picked up all of the sayings that I liked, and printed them out and sponged ink around them to add life to them. I love this page, because I got to use my Quikutz...I love that dog one, and here I got to do him in different colors and make him look bull-dogish...

These two pages open on the sides for pullouts decorated to add other ideas, photos. Oh, and I also used 3 different ribbons. I found dog ones pretty easy. I have one with furry on it, one light one with paw prints and a dark one with paw prints.

In the album, there are 2 pockets instead of a place to put photos, but you can always put photos on the tags that are in the pocket. Each pocket has 5 tags in it. There are also 3 large pull out tags on the sides of the book.

This is the front page of the book. I got to use that dog punch again! There is a hydrant, bone and dish on the front too. Its all sponged in mustard. I used staples too, and on some pages instead of using photo corners, I used dog bones. I had a blast making this little album, hope you enjoy it too! KJ




No comments:

Post a Comment