Saturday, May 23, 2009

Paint Cans for Teachers Gifts


Here's seven of the paint cans I made for teacher's gifts. I got the cans at Staples, for 1.99, and I got all of the supplies inside of them too there. I just picked up things like sticky pads, pens, pencils, erasers, paper clips, thumbtacks and I also got some of the shredded kinky paper but I got that at the dollar store...
I just used the DP paper packs I had on hand, mostly SU stuff, but there is other companies in there too. I tried to decorate each can differently. The green can looks like a corset that is done up. The brown and red cans, I tried to fringe the paper, one is punched in the middle, they remind me of my grandma's old fashioned lamps she had. I wide weaved the blue can and punched circles for the plummy can.
Anyways, I had a lot of fun decorating them and deciding which papers to use and where and how to use them.
It was an inexpensive gift too for the teachers but something they can use too. It came out to less than 5 dollars a can when you divide it all out.
To finish them off, each can has the teacher's initial I cut from chipboard, punched and tied on to the handles.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness Keersten!
    How do you do it all? You are just amazing!!
    These can's are great, I'm sure that they will be cherished for a long time to come!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete