Monday, June 1, 2009

my creation room

I thought I'd share with you my creation room! This is my desk where I stamp/sew/paint and what have you! I have a black mat down on the desk, it absorbs the ink and it looks less messy than the white did. I have most of my ink pads (su's current pads) on the left side of my desk. I don't own all of them in the large style, most of mine are still the ones they sold 12 years ago! The other box on my desk is dodads that I have just used and haven't put away yet, those sissors I always use and pretty much a catch all, so is the coke container next to my desk. In front of my desk on a really cute red metal chair, is my 12 by 12's, colors that I use most. The rest are kept somewheres else. My room is 8 by 11, I just measured! I have two doorways in my room, as one is to enter it and the other is to enter into our storage area, where we keep everything else in the world! My desk is facing towards the entry door. It also has a small table on the side of it (right side) Someone can come and work there with me, and on the corner of it, I have 3 boxes (yes boxes) of photo's I still haven't scrapped yet...
This is on the floor next to my desk where I sit. It contains all of the scrap pieces of paper that I didn't use in a project. the files are all color coordinated and I have files for textured paper and decorative papers...two for those actually, as I keep Stampin Up papers seperate from other companies. Notice the accordian doors on the left of the picture? There are 2 of those doors on that wall...they hold the pressure tank and the water heater...I had to be able to access them in my room but hide them too.. (the yellow is an old bathrobe from college, that I love, it is in pieces, but I still love to put it on and create stuff...)

This is the wall to your right as you enter my room. It hold all of my roller wheels.

This is the wall above the scrap paper. It has acrylic cases that hold my discontinued stamp pads, pads from CTMH and Ancient page pads and refills. Each case has a drawer for markers and a pull out for reinkers. They are enclosed to help with the air drying the pads. It has a magnetic closure. My cutters, hole punches and adhesive are all next to them and within hands reach.
On the left when you walk in, next to the door to the storage area, is a white cabinet. On top of it, I have box storage. In the three lrg boxes, I have TAC stamps. All cataloged and in order! Imagine that... The mulit colored box on the left of the pic is full of quikutz and below and the two black ones beside it are full of my card inspirations. Those are on top of a wooden shelving unit. It holds my 12 by 12 designer papers. Extra boxes and extra albums...

These are all discontinued Stampin Up stamps...They are in the white cabinet you just saw from above. They are also cataloged, so if I want one, I can go to the list, and know exactly where it is in the cabinet. I also color coordinated them with stickers, so I know what year they were discontinued. It has 4 levels.


When you enter the doorway, you look to the left, and I have a third wooden shelf system, this is one of the shelves in it. It holds all of my 8 1/2 paper from SU. (yes, I cleaned it up after I saw this photo. I actually cleaned my whole room after seeing these photos!)

This is the top shelf of that same wooden shelf system. It holds all of my ribbons. I have them on spools in the boxes, and then I put a tail through the side, so I can pull out how ever much of that ribbon that I need. The bottom box also has fibers in it. They are all catagorized by color and are the same way. The two boxes on the side have quikutz alphabits and the green box is full of flowers. The clear box has all of my SU business papers.

I know it looks crowded, but the one in the corner, I mostly things I need, but don't need to get at quick. The bottom shelf has all of the rest of the 12 by 12 papers and the other shelf has extra boxes and all of my SU catalogs.

In front of my desk, is a second white cabinet. It holds all of my current stamps from SU and has bins for markers, punches, glitters, brads, buttons, reinkers and other catchalls. The shelf on the wall, has two boxes of stamps that are clear stamps...and the other cases are oil paint supplies.
So that's a quick look at my creation room. Behind one of the folding doors, I have pizza boxes on the shelfs I installed between the water heater stuff.... they hold all of my stamps from every other company I have bought from. They are catagorized in the pizza boxes, like Asian, Egyptian, Christmas, Halloween, Plants, Animals...plus I have my other paints in there...
Tons and Tons of stuff, little space. But it works and I love to be in it. I painted it white, and the door to the storage is painted light green like the clock, and then I textured and painted above the folding doors in deep purple.
The floor is concrete, I painted white, and have about 6 mismatched purple rugs all over it so that you are not getting cold coming up from the floor, but you can sweep up all of the punched dots and embossing powder. It needs swept often, and also because everyone is walking through it all the time to get to the fruit/storage room.










No comments:

Post a Comment