Monday, May 11, 2009

Bleach & Radiant Pearls


My most favorite medium to use ever... is Radiant Pearls. I love the stuff. It has qualities of oil paints and watercolors, I think the best from both. It is also shimmery, I really like that too. So, if I have the time, I like to make me some projects that I can use the RP on. One of my fav stamps is from Stampendous, it was there floral line. They made these gigantic stamps that had all of the flowers on. I collected as many of them as I could. To make these two cards, here is what I did.
First, I stamped the image in versamark, on black paper and embossed in black embossing powder. Next, I took one of those watercolor brushes, I believe they are called aqua brushes, I filled mine with bleach and then I painted inside all of the embossing. Some areas I wanted lighter and some I wanted darker, you just have to apply more bleach to those areas, wait until it drys, then go over it again to get the most lift that you can. Be careful with your papers, as black doesn't always bleach up to white. SU's kinda goes orange. but, I applied lots of layers of bleach and got mine pretty white. I needed to let it dry then, I let mine dry for at least a day. So if you do it before bedtime, its pretty ready to go the next day.
Then, use your RPs! Too bad when you scan it you can't see the different colors in them. In the rose, there are 3 different colors of red used, plus 3 different colors of green. The calla lilly card has two different colors of white, plus purple in it and 3 other colors of green.
Anyways, I thought they would be good sympathy cards, as I always need those dang cards and I run out of ideas for them! The Rose card, I mounted on glossy red, and the Calla Lilly card, I mounted on shimmery white, before mounting both on black again.
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment