Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Calm Seas Tuesday

Stampin' Up! came up with this little beauty of a stamp set a few years ago. It is called Calm Seas, and even though I don't live on the coast, or near it, I had to have this set.
So, I was playing around with it, and cut the image into an oval. I watercolored it using my ink pads and lids. Then, when it was dry, I took crystal effects, and colored the lighthouse so it is shiny, then I put crystal effects on the water/waves below and then dumped clear crystal beads all over it.
next, I mounted it on the red cardstock and took gold cording and glued it all around the oval. I wanted it to glue fast, and clear, so I used the crystal effects again. Then as a last touch, I stamped the cute little pelican from the set on the bottom of the card and colored him with pencils. I mounted the whole thing to a white card.
Once again, the card looks better in person, than on the scanner. What's up with that???

No comments:

Post a Comment