Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sneak Peak Revealed!

Ok. Be prepared to use lots of adhesive...
Here is one of the letters I cut out of chipboard. First I make a pattern on typing paper. When I get it to look the way I want, with the letters overlapping, but readable, I transfer my pattern to the chipboard. I cut my chipboard 6 inches by 12. Not all chipboard is 12 inches, so I use the shorter pieces for the smaller letters. I want my finished album to be 12 inches long. This M is the last letter of the album. I cut the chipboard with Kia Scissors. It takes time, but I haven't found anything else that will cut it.

Then, I copy the patterns on my decorative papers. This one, is white on white. SO all the letters were covered in Textured White, then I added embossed and glittered dp to them. Some people find it easier to glue the paper to the letter, then cut out with an exacto knife, but I find it faster to cut with scissors, then glue.

Here is where I added the textured, embossed and glitter paper.
I found that I could send a sheet through my cuttlebug with the texture plates, just overlap a titch and I could send a whole 6 by 12 sheet through.

I punched a little girl, because this book is for a little girl. I sponged colors on then, and then added rhinestones and organdy ribbons. I tied the sides with lots of organdy ribbons, some had glitter on it to tie in the glitter panels.

Here is my finished book! I hope that you like it. If it was for me, I probably would have left it white on white, but the client wanted it done in pastel colors...
I guess she really liked it, because she ordered 2 more!!


1 comment: