Wednesday, September 9, 2009

M&M Cookies...Coconut...

It all started when I saw these little babies on some one's blog. Sorry, I cannot remember who you were, but it is all your fault. See, I had no idea there were such things as Coconut M&M's. They are not on the M&M website... But there they were on this lady's blog. Where in heaven's name did she find coconut M&M's?
I called my friend who lives one town over...She say, Oh yeah! They were on Maverick's counter, they had a whole display of them. I said, get over there now, and buy me some. She called them and they were all gone.
Hubby got into the quest with me. We went to drop off my entries to the fair, and he kindly stopped at all and every convenience store on the way home. The verdict? The employee's liked the candy so much, that they bought all of the displays and there was none for customers. WHAT?? I am serious. That is what most of the store owners told me.
Now I really had to have some of these little babies...
I had just about given up, when I was doing a little grocery shopping at Walmart. Not my normal store, but on the way home. I happen to mention them to the checkout girl. I get the usual response, "Those sound really good, I want to try them too!" She grabs a guy who is passing by, and asks him if they carry them. He gets on his walkie talkie, and presto, magico, I have Coconut M&M's in my hot little hands!!

I found this recipe on Bakerella. That woman is too cool. Anyways, I tweaked her recipe... and put in the coconut M&M's and instead of nuts, put in 1/2 cup of coconut. Awesome!!

Here is some finished ones! They are sooooo good!
So, if you are looking for Coconut M&M's...my suggestion is to find your local Walmart...they were up by the registers, but underneath all of the normal candy, kinda where they put the seasonal items...
Recipe for cookies?
1/2 C butter 1/2 C white sugar 1/2 C brown sugar 1 slightly beaten egg 1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp baking powder 1 1/3 C flour 1 C oatmeal 1/4 tsp salt
3/4 C M&M's (three packages) 3/4 C chocolate Chips and 1/2 C shredded coconut.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes...
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment