Friday, September 25, 2009

Pop Up Album

Remember those pop up albums we did a long time ago? Some of you called them explosion albums.. well, a neighbor asked me to make a couple sample ones to show around to see if she can get a class together so she can make one. She wanted different sizes and such. SO, this one is made from a 12 by 12. The pages are 6 by 6. I wanted something to keep it closed, so I came up with the buckle on here. It is made from the tab punch. The belt part just slides through.
I did this one on the diagonal. So all of the pictures are triangular. I used a flower punch to accent with the blue designer paper. Some of the flowers I punched, I punched out of photos.

I know you can't see, because its too far away for you, but the corner photo, has two white flowers punched...they are punched of the butterfly display. They had all these cocoons hanging in a case, labeled, and you could watch butterflies emerge. Really cool, so I punched flowers out them and they are all over the pages...

The backside...



And the end of it. Tomorrow, I will show one of the other ones that I made. It is a smaller and done differently.
I struggled with what photos to use for this, and when I was in the photo box, here was a big packet of zoo trip photos. I thought, why not? I think that it turned out pretty well, there isn't a whole lot of journaling, but then, we are at the zoo.... I left room to make pockets and pull outs on things, if I wanted to add journaling later.
This one was made for Jade, and he is quite the happy man about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment