Thursday, September 3, 2009

Teacher Appreciation...gum holder

My friend is PTSO president for her kid's school. She is always on the lookout for Teacher Appreciation Gifts, as Teacher Appreciation lasts a week around here. SO...I guess I am always on the lookout too. My friend Joani, she made some gum holders last week. I thought they were super cute..(of course they were halloweener stuff!) but I thought I could change them a little to make them work for TAW... So, her school is Ririe, and the mascot is a Bulldog. Her colors are blue and gold. It so happens that I have a bulldog stamp. So, here is the one I came up with, for her school. A few punches later, and here it is.
Here is the insides of them. I used velcro I found at Joann's Fabric. There were 12 sets of velcro tabs in the container, it cost 3.70 including tax. The velcro tabs are sticky on the backs, so you can use them for fabric, paper or whatever. The lady at the store used hers for closing her scrapbook keepers and for calendars she laminated at school. (the ones where the kids pull the numbers off and on for the days...) SO COOL!
I bought them and cut each square into 4ths, and I can get 48 out of the package. They really close nice and I tried opening and closing one quite a few times to see if it would rip off, but it didn't. Really Cool!
Ok, for some of you, the breakdown in price is handy, as you might need this too, so, because I found the gum at the $ store, you could get 4 packs for a buck, and if you use SU paper/cardstock... the cost is $0.45 per each. Nice. SO for 40, its 18 dollars.
Ok, BLOG CANDY
It is not my blog candy, but a good friend of mine. Hop on over to her blog and sign up, and check out her stuff while your there! Julie's Blog Candy


No comments:

Post a Comment