Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Outside my house, and Crochet Flowers

It was such a pretty evening. Too bad that your camera never pictures it the way that your eyes do. Here is a picture as the sun is going down, it was real calm and everything was just bursting in different shades of green.
Here is the back corner of my house, that little nook in there is my favorite. My hubby is ruining it for me though. He has a hot tub sneaked back in that corner. Not hooked up of course...but there none the less. I thought the way the sun hit the trees was pretty. They are going into Fall colors right now, so this will be the last of the green...

Hey. How do you like this flower?? It is about 1 1/2 inches big. I have been seeing all of these crocheted flowers around and I remember making these when I was a kid. I thought it turned out well with the smaller thread...


This is what I made it on. Anyone remember these??


Here are some that I made by crocheting. It was hard, because I don't do well with patterns, I kinda make my own up. I visited a lot of "how to's" on Utube... but none of them worked for me, so this is my own pattern.
Here's what I did...
I chained 5, connected.
Then, in the center, I did 18 double stitches, and connect.
Chain up 3, connect it into the third over stitch, with a single crochet. Chain up 3 again, and go around the circle. You should get 6 little holes.
In each hole. Single crochet once, then 5 double crochets and single again. Move to the next hole, and repeat. When you have done all 6 holes. Connect and cut thread.
Hope that makes sense!!
Erased my siggy. :(
Keersten

No comments:

Post a Comment