Friday, September 4, 2009

Cased Card, Medallian

Ok, my favorite new stamp, is the Medallion stamp. I don't know why we never had this stamp sooner in our lives. Well, one day I was blog hoppin, and I came across this one, where she had this card. It is a beautiful card, one that makes you go, OH! I SO NEED to MAKE that card! Well, I don't have the same supplies that this lady does. But, here are some of my samples of her card. I will get the technique down better, and do a much better one, but I thought you would like to see my versions... You can view Sandi's card here. (its in Aug...)
My card above this, uses the cameo coral and soft suede colors. I used organdy ribbon of the same colors. My lace on the bottom of the card came from a table setting kit from Martha Stewart. (I found it in the clearance section of Michael's! the whole pack for 49cents. How could I pass that up??) I don't have the lace scallop punch, so this did the trick so far...
This is the second card...very simple, and very plain. I kinda like it best. You sponge the ink on the big stamp, then stamp it on the cardstock. I need to work on making it more of a solid image than a scratchy one...maybe versa mark and chalks?

This one has a full piece of the MS lace. I put the brown organdy ribbon behind it...


Sorry the pic is crappy on this one... But it is a 6 X 6 card. The scanner cut off the bottom, it is cameo coral too. The ribbon is doubled on this one too, cameo and chocolate... I cut the card in two at the top, then I punch word punches, and put the card back together with the punches. You can see the top of the punches in the picture. Its just a different way to open the card.
Well, I had fun making them, and learning different things about sponging on the stamp...but, I'm still not satisfied with the outcome....so you might see some more like these!!
I am off to the Fair today... I'll let you know how my entries did!
Have a safe and great Labor Day!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Keersten, don't you love that stamp! It's great! Keeping my fingers crossed for you ~ good luck, not that you'll need it. All of your creations are super great!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joani! I'll know later today!!

    ReplyDelete