Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What I've Been Up to...

Not a card share, I know. Sorry, but this is why there is no card share today!! This is what I have been doing the last several days. Up above, is my current jelly. We have a sweet little current bush in the yard I planted, and I got a couple of gallons of berries from it last week. SO, current jelly.
Then we went to the farmers market that they have here every Saturday. I picked up some beets, and pickled them. I love pickled beets.

Picked up some cucumbers and I made dill pickles.

And, I found these little interesting things. They are purple beans. By now I figure, you figured out that I love all things purple. So, I bought some. When you process them, they turn green, but the water is a lovely shade of lavender. I put dill, garlic and jalapenos in with the beans and I pickled them too..

And last of all, I went and picked apples at my MIL's and I made applesauce. Now, my kids don't eat it plain.. (dang this new age) so, I made it strawberry applesauce. It turned out real pretty I think...
So, that is why no new card share.. However... Jade is having braces put on today, and so I will be home in the afternoon... so I guess, expect something!!
Especially since I have to reach 100 post!! Sign up for Blog Candy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment