Wednesday, August 26, 2009

6 More to go... Decorated Music Box

Hi All!! 6 More posts til Blog Candy!! I hope you are as excited as I am!
I wanted to share with you today, a little music box that I made. I found the box in a scrapbook store in Chicago (Windy City Scrapbooking) when I visited there a few years ago. I made everyone a bunch for Christmas then. Then someone saw my box and asked me to make them some. So, not knowing if they still had them, I called the Chicago store, and they did! They shipped them right quick to me, they were great! Inside this box is a music player. You wind it up and it spins the barrel cylinder, it has raised bumps and it twangs the metal comb, and is a really pretty music song. (I know I murdered the description and I should have taken a pic of the inside...) But, the music player is covered in a clear layer, so you can put cards or buttons or whatever inside the box.
This is the box I made for myself, I fell in love with this paper! I found it at a scrapbook convention and had to have some of it.
Here is the side view of it, I decorated it with some ric rac that my grandma left to me, when she moved out of my house. So, my box has a little of grandma on it too!
I am going to enter it into the fair, as a decorated tin!


2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! It will be a cherished keepsake I'm sure. I'm sure that you'll be #1 too!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joani!! They really seemed to like it when I turned it in. They didn't know that it was a music box!

    ReplyDelete