Thursday, August 13, 2009

Barrel of Monkeys

My Hunter is a monkey baby. He dearly loved monkeys and would carry one around that was a beanie babie. (it was a mini one from McDonald's of all things..) He would put its head in his mouth and that is how we would go for a ride in the stroller. He is still in love with monkeys at age 9. He favors gorillas... I hope that is not how his personality is going to be at 16...

So, when I find a cute monkey stamp, of course, I need to get it. I found this super cute barrel of monkeys at http://www.whippersnappers.com/

And, I thought you might need a treat. Its a new thing I made. Super easy and Super good!!

First, make some rice crispy treats. Then on top of them, layer some dried apple slices, then, melt you some of those little carmels. Once they are melted, pour that over the dried apples. Then I took some white vanilla bark. I melted it and added some cinnamon and nutmeg. I drizzled that over the carmel.

It is soooo good!! You have to try it!

The only thing different I would have done, was cut it before the bark hardened up. It made it crumbly near the cut marks.

My boys loved it! I made two pans and this is what is left after one day!!

(1 batch of rice crispy treats, divided between two cake pans.

1 bag of dried apple rings, divided between the pans,

1 small bag of carmels melted, divided

1/2 brick of vanilla bark, melted and divided.)

ENJOY!!


Don't forget to enter for Blog Candy!!








No comments:

Post a Comment