Monday, August 31, 2009

2 Posts to go.... Bug Can

I had to make a little bug can too. I used all SU products. I used choc chip cardstock and rolled it and inked it up, to resemble the branches. The grass inside, is paper cut into strips, then crimped. I cut strips of paper and fringed it and then glued it all around the outside of the can to make more grass. There is a caterpillar on the outside of the can too.
The dragonflies are stamped on designer paper, cut out and crystal effects are all over them. The leaves are also crimped...
I showed my mom, she thought it was real until she looked close at the branches. I take that as a good thing!! The lid and handle have tags on them that say, "Hunter's Bug Jar" for Hunter, as he is my bug collector... (Jade has to have a bug collection for school...my freezer is getting bugs in it, as he has to follow his teacher's advice to the T....bugs in my freezer...)but that's another story.
Hope you like my bug jar!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Keersten, I love it! I love those little clear pails ~ and what you did is adorable!
    Great job, as always!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete