Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Cutest Things Ever!!

Oh my heck! Is that not the cutest thing ever??? I saw it on someones blog, that they were making these swell little cupcakes and I had to try!
These are the fries you make. You make them with sugar cookie dough and cut them in slices so that they look like french fries. You are supposed to sprinkle with sugar, but duh, I forgot to. So mine are salt free!!

Here is my tray of hamburgers all finished! I think they are soooo cute!
They are a yellow cake mix made into cupcakes. And...a pet peeve of mine.... cake mixes are not as big as they used to be. You used to be able to make at least 30 cupcakes from a box. Now, it is very hard to come up with 24. I only got 20 cupcakes from my box. (I promise they used to be bigger, if you have some old grandma with food storage or a forgotten old cake mix from at least 20 years ago... check it out, it says 30-36 cupcakes...) So, we pay more now, for less. I hate that. Ok, nuff peeving.
So, you make the cupcakes and while they are cooling, you make a batch of brownies up. You will want to use the family mix...because you need to get at least as many circles out them as you have cupcakes. (its the meat!)
Ok, so while the brownies are baking, you mix up some sugar cookie dough, and have it rolled 1/4 inch thick on your baking sheet. Cut it into strips and remove every other one, because they spread out... Then after you bake them, you will have to cut them in half again to make them thin.
Then its on to frosting them. Green for lettuce, yellow for mustard, red for ketchup. I thought I would be smart and buy that frosting that is already made and in the squeeze containers, you just add the tip. Not so smart. I had to cut the tops off, and squeeze them into a bowl and then mix milk with them to make them able to go through a decorator tip. (so, you need parchment for the frosting...unless you have a better thought than me...) My hands are still shaking from kneading the stupid little bags. Oh well, it was worth it!
After you put the lettuce, ketchup and mustard on, I spritzed the top of my cupcakes with water and then sprinkled with sesame seeds.
For my presentation today for hubby, I am going to put them in those red and white containers that you get from the hamburger shops...I am going to get ketchup cups too from there and put strawberry jam in them for the "ketchup" for the fries! I was too excited to show you these, before I put them in it!
Anyway...
Happy Father's Day!!


2 comments:

  1. Isn't that the cutest! When I saw that the other day I so wanted to make them ~ but didn't. I'm glad you did! I bet they were a hit!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joani! I took some to church for the dads there, it was sooo funny, they thought I was giving them sliders and fries for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete