Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Couple of inchies!

I had a little time, and had some things that I needed to get done. One was for an inchie swap I am in. I have sooo got to mail my swaps out!! Anyways, I had fun doing the citrus slices. I put them all on dotted backgrounds. (lemon, orange, blood orange, lime) The blood orange scanned really red on here. (sorry) Then I painted them all with crystal effects so that they are shiny and look juicy!
This was for another swap, and I just happen to really like the frog one, so I scanned it in there a couple of times! I made the frog one with glossy paper, alcohol ink from Ink It!, silver and gold leafing pens. You drop your ink by drops all over your glossy paper (start small, like 4x5 paper) then you take your gold leafing pen and make splotches all over the page. You then take a piece of felt you cut to about an inch square, wad it up and pinch it in a clothes pin. You just start dabbing all over your paper til its filled up. You can put more alcohol ink on your felt dauber. There is a reaction between the alcohol and the leafing substance. It breaks it up and makes it look like marbling. It is very pretty and it is shiny too. (I know, I hear some of you saying, ooooh, shiny.) It helps to use 2-3 color, but no more than that, or it becomes really muddy.
I used a silver leaf for the background and a gold leaf and darker greens for the froggy.
This is a side note, and kinda funny, anyways to me.... One day my mom was in my brother's room, (bear in mind this is like 30 some odd years ago) and she came up the stairs with this little alligator. He was silver and his mouth opened and closed when you pushed this hidden little lever. Anyways, mom was thrilled with this cute little alligator. She was playing with him for a while before my brother got home. When he came home, he was SO upset she had his gator....that's when my dad came home and explained to my mom, that it was a roach clip. BUSTED! Anyways, whenever I see clips for daubing at stamps shows, I think, hmmm...you could have used a really cute gator clip!
Well, the other images, are because I really like monkeys, and crayons. Really like crayons. My hubby thinks I am crazy, because I collect them. I have a huge box of them, my favorite is the plain little ole pack of 8. I get one every year for Christmas, and pack them away. (so I collect crayon stamps too...naturally!)
The Chinese flowers were fun too, they are actually part of a larger stamp that has a peacock on it and its tail is dropping down, the flowers are by the tail section... I used pink glitter in the centers of the flowers. Scanning didn't show it to well.
Sorry for the long post for something so small!

No comments:

Post a Comment