Friday, June 19, 2009

Family Picture Frame

Well, my friend had to have a visit in the hospital, so I was at her home at 4:30 in the morning to take care of her kids. I saw this picture on the wall, below... and I thought, I can do that. So my version is above!! (her's wood, mine paper..) Oh, and it measures 12 by 12.
I made it for my MIL, her birthday is today. Its also my anniversary today... Her anniversary is on my birthday, some weird trivia for you... Her favorite color is blue, so I made it in blue. Instead of the be honest, be kind stuff on there, I put her children's names and her and her hubbies name up top.
This is the center piece, instead of a house, I made a flower out of hearts, and the scallop round punch. The letters are from Eliza, quickutz. I used brilliant blue, bashful blue and ballet blue for this. I used the stampset, priceless from SU too... I used some DP I had tucked away...

The upper right hand corner. I sponged around everything with Night of Navy.

The upper left side, I stamped the scrolls behind all of the hearts and popped them up.

Bottom Left.. I found the frame at Porter's, they had them on sale. Coolness for me!!

And, the bottom Right side. They had 7 children, so each box has a kids name in it. I think that I am going to make a few more. I did this one in mono colors, cuz I am a mono color kinda girl.. but am going to branch out and do one with several colors next... I might have to put the words in instead of names... because I don't know who I will make/give it to.
Hope you liked it!!







No comments:

Post a Comment