Thursday, June 11, 2009

8 X 8 Scrappin

Well, This is Hunter at his Pinewood Derby, I just grabbed a recent stack of photos and decieded to get some done! I chose to do these in 8 by 8. Something new, I got some photo albums that hold that size. My favorite size is 6 by 6 and I convert those to 12 by 12. So, something new for me. I think it worked out pretty well. Hunter is pleased. I couldn't get that kid to give me a decent smile. SO the first two pictures he has a goofy look.
Of course in his 9 year old mind, he looks pretty funny! I said when he's 20 he'll think he's a dork like I do! :0) He had to have aligator skin on his car, he made it himself, I had to help with the skin. Of course, dad had to do his voodoo magic on the wheels...

There was 28 boys racing in the pack. He was so excited.

Messy Kid, but happy kid. Thank heavens. I don't think that he would have survived not placing. His older brother came in 1st, all three years and Hunter just assumed that that was what would happen with him.
I used an old set of vellum papers from SU, called pickled. So all the decorative paper is vellum, the colors are lavendar and old olive. Yuck I know, but it seems to work here.
I also got to use a quickutz alphabet, Tangerine...I got it new for 10 bucks!! Roberts was closing them out, and put them on 90% off that day that I was there!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh Keersten! I love it. And that expression is priceless!!
    Great work, as always!!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete