Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New "in colors"

Everyone is talking about the new "in colors" from SU. Well, to tell you the truth, I have never liked all of the "in colors" (I know, plug your ears!) I always buy one or two that I like...like wasabi...tangerine... but these new colors came out. I actually like almost all of them! I am not a blue person...so, I didn't get the blue. Not crying. I did get the other 5. There is a really soft brown, and I had to use it (I know! me and brown!) But, I got this darling little bird stamp too, and as you can see, she works pretty well with the brown! (least I think!) I branched out again and got the top note. Not quite a big fan of it yet...but working on it! So, this little girl here, she uses the soft suede, dusty durango... only orange and apricot blossom. The stamp set is called Wings of Friendship.
So, while I'm using the little bird... I try another card, and more "in colors" I love this crushed curry business! But then, I love yellow...hmmm.... I had... note the HAD to get the Medallion stamp. Love It! I just did plain ole markers on the rubber...I used crushed curry, dusty durango, soft suede and old olive. I used the scallop punch and a little hole punch too... I popped the birdie up on the card...

And...the Dusty Durango was still calling me...plus I got these cool papers at the scrap show the other day...who would think that plaid and flowers worked? I used the True Friend stamp set, the scallop round punch and my markers again on the center medallion. The medallion is on the inside of the card....(old olive, summer sun, bravo burgundy, elegant eggplant, pumpkin pie)
This last card, I cased the sketch from Kelly so thanks for the idea girl! I have an idea to make one more like her card...but if I make it, I'll show you later!!
Keersten

No comments:

Post a Comment