Friday, July 24, 2009

Birthdays and more

Couple of days since my last post. Sorry!! But, I have been busy, check it out! First, my girlfriend from high school, came home to visit, she brought her 4 girls. The 12 year old, Caitlyn, was having a birthday wednesday.. so, I made her a notebook, I took the covers off and made some out of chipboard. Then I covered them in DP...and since, bad adoptive aunt that I am, I didn't know her favorite color...so I used pink, yellow and green.. I cut her initials using Quickutz, Abigail... then the cupcake is from TAC and I punched circles to match the DP. I made two different kinds of clips to put in the book and a pen, I decorated them with the punched circles too, but didn't take a picture of it.
Then, what is a birthday without cake?? So, I found these scrumptious little cake balls from Bakerella that are just wonderful!! You make them with a Red Velvet Cake mix and a can of cream cheese frosting... plus I used vanilla bark to coat them in! Very easy, and very very good!

Here is one of those little bites broken open! I say little, but you really don't want to eat more than one! They are about the size of a golf ball! I got 45 balls from my one cake mix. They are super easy to make. AND... everyone loved them!!!
To make: One red velvet cake... from box mix. Make according to directions. Take cake after it is baked and cooled, and crumble it in a big popcorn bowl.. or your biggest bowl! After you crumble it up, then take a Can of Cream Cheese Frosting, and dump in the bowl and start mixing. It is really goopy and messy, and fun. Once it is all mixed up, then take cake in hand and roll into balls. I used my cookie scoop so that my balls would all be the same size, but you have to roll them by hand to get them smooth...
Pop those little buggers in the freezer, and when they are good and cold and don't fall apart, you melt your chocolate, or bark. I used Vanilla Bark, and I used the whole package. I melted it in three different batches in case it hardened or seized on me. It worked great. I put toothpicks in them to help with holding them, I hate fingerprints in my dipped stuff. I saw on Bakerella where she put hers on skewers... nice idea.
Anyways, that's it! Red Velvet Cake, Frosting and Vanilla Bark!
This skirt, I also took to them. It was for Emily... she loves pink. She loved her skirt too!

And this one, I made for MacKenzie, she loved it too, but I think the Birthday sister, Caitlyn, loved it best, as she is the one who managed to get it on first!
For the oldest sister, (Kelsea) I made her a set of marbles with the YW values on them. I made her a set earlier, but put magnets on them and she didn't have a magnet board... So, I remade them and put push pins on the backs so she can use them on her cork board. I also sat down for a couple of hours with her and helped her sew a couple of dresses for her youngest sister...
So, sorry for no posts lately, but I was busy!! Hope you enjoyed what I made!!
Keerst




No comments:

Post a Comment