Friday, April 2, 2010

A Hippo Post!!

So Stampin Up has these really cute hippo's that are in vinyl, only they are Chalkboard Vinyl!! Naturally, I had to have a hippo. I wanted it for my stamproom, but he was a little too big, I got the medium size one. He is 15 by 20 inches. I couldn't figure out where I was going to put him! I have log walls, so putting him on a wall isn't an option.
Well, our Roberts store is closing, and this week everything in the store is 40percent off, so I found a picture frame that big, took it home, painted it purple! Then I put some purple DSP behind him and put him on the glass.
I put purple fibers on the side and tied my chalk to it. Here is pic of him! He's cute huh!
Then, my son and hubby have been working hard on a pinewood derby car. I can tell you, I really hate pinewood derby time! Jade was the first one we had to make cars for, and for 3 years in a row, Jade came in first place. Then Hunter comes along. "Dad, my cars have to be first too." His first car he made came in 3rd place. Son was really disappointed.
Hunter is the competitive one...
The second year, Hunter's car came in 2nd place, although no car ever won him in a race! We couldn't figure that one out...so he was po'd again.
So, this was Hunter's 3rd, and last car. He smoked em all! Yeah Hunter! This car came in first!

I have to say, I think this is the ugliest car they have ever made, he cut it out and all, so... I guess the only thing that counts, is how fast it went on the track! 186.7 miles per hour!



2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Hunter for smoken'em all and coming in first place. That is a cool looking car. My son Landry is 9 and we just finished his Pinewood Derby season. Im allready looking forward to next year. Maybe Hunter can race in his pack's open class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the board,,, congrats on surviving another Pinewood Derby..my boys are all in Highschool now.. but there was a time I was everything from den leader to committee chair...and to this day I still find pieces of derby cars stuffed in a drawer somewhere in my home ..lol.....
    Sherry Robinson
    Independent SU Demo
    Sherrystampinbella.com
    Sherry@sherrystampinbella.com

    ReplyDelete