Thursday, April 22, 2010

More Baptism Books

Well, I finished 2 more books. I have 4 left to go. Two are halfway done, so it won't take long. It is just finding the time to do them! This book is really similar to Ashlen's book. My boss/friend over at ETM asked what I do with all the Chipboard I buy. So I took Ashlen's book into show her what I do with chipboard. She liked it and asked me to make one Just Like That One, for her niece. So this is Kim's book.
Here is a close up of her little girl on the front of it... The book is done in Razzleberry. You should try to match the color at the craft/fabric stores for ribbon! It wasn't a smart choice of color of ink, but it is sure a pretty color!
While searching for ribbon one day, Hubster calls me and says, whatcha doing? I tell him I am on the hunt for ribbon for a Baptism book. He says, "oh, well while you're at it, could you make one for the neighbor girl? She's getting Baptized too." Her favorite color is pink. I haven't made a pink one, so OK! I went on the hunt for pink ribbon too.
Here is Brindy's book.

Here is the closeup of Brindy's punch out. I kinda like the pink book. (Don't faint!)

I was asked if I buy the letters in a kit or something. I don't. I buy chipboard in 12 by 12 sheets and then I cut them to 6 by 12 inches. Then I have made me letters on typing paper. I put the letter templates over the chipboard, trace and cut my chipboard to make my own letters. I sometimes have to play with it for quite a while until I can get it placed where I want, since the word can only be 12 inches long. 7 is about the maximum number of letters in once of these words. Sometimes I get it done, and hate how a letter looks, so I remake the letters until they look like I want.
After you get the letters cut out of chipboard, then you cover them with Bazzil paper... and then I do embossed and glitter paper for the Baptism books...I use other things for different books.
I have made my own patterns for the books: BAPTISM, MOTHER, FATHER, SISTER....
I use the letters from (Bo Bunny I believe) for my Family, Friend, and Believe books.
I got the idea years ago from a lady who would make big letters for her friends who had kids in the NAVY, ARMY, MARINES...And then one day BoBunny came out with the precut letters in the kits Believe, Family, Friends...
So anyways, I hope you enjoyed these books!

No comments:

Post a Comment