Friday, January 1, 2010

Hot Rolls!!!

I am all for simple! Love fresh baked bread, especially when it doesn't take hours to make. I was checking out my Auntie's Blog, and she had these wonderful rolls she had made! Of course I had to make some!!

As you can see, they didn't make it out of the oven for even a minute before the boys grabbed and ran. I almost didn't get the butter on the top!
Here's you a side view! Just to make you want some!! See how light and fluffy?
They are made with potatoes flakes!
Here's the recipe, I'll share with you!
In mixer, add 4 1/2 tsp yeast
1/2 C sugar
1 C instant potato flakes
1 tsp salt mix these ingredients:
Add:
2 1/2 C very warm water
2 beaten eggs
1 stick melted butter
6 cups of flour
Mix in mixer for about 3 minutes... dough is kinda sticky, will pull away from the sides of the machine.
I oil my counter up, plus my hands, then I pinch dough off, about a little bigger than a golf ball. You put one roll of dough in each hand, and on top of the greased counter, you roll the dough in your hands, you cup them, and roll. (in circles kinda like you are doing the what coconut is holding the hidden dice game!) They come out round and perfect! I learned this trick working as a head cook in the school lunch room!
Put the rolls on a cookie sheet, 4 down, 6 across, makes 24 rolls.
Let rise until double in size. I preheat the oven with a glass of water on the bottom, to 200 degrees. Turn off oven and put rolls in to rise. When big enough, Turn your oven on to
400 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes. (mine took 17)
Hope you enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. HEY! I know that auntie! :-) Those look AWESOME! So tell me... how many batches have you had to make to keep up with your boys and do they love them as much as I do? LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you made them. Aren't they easy, and taste so good!!?? And remember, if you aren't careful.....they will stick to your butt. "Butt" it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete