Saturday, January 2, 2010

Winter Outside

Well, I made this splendid watch for my Grandma for Christmas. She loves blue...hmmm...I really don't care for blue, but that is her favorite, so I went searching for blue beads. I found this really pretty face, and then I found the big blue swirly beads! I put it all together and then I hated how it looked, so went looking again for more beads.
I couldn't find anything that worked.
I was really bummed until I remembered the bag of broken necklaces I found in the house when my grandma moved from here. I went and got them and sure enough! One of the necklaces had those little blueish beads. YES!!
So here is her watch, and it is made with beads from a necklace she broke! How perfect is that??
I gave it to her and forgot to take a picture for you. I went to her birthday dinner with her the other nite (88) and I asked her why she wasn't wearing the watch. It was too big for her little skinny wrists! So, I reworked it. I took out the diamond shaped bead in the center, and one of the swirly ones there too. Then at the front of the watch, near the clasps, I removed the clear ones on both sides. So removed 6 beads...it should fit her now!

Here is the view from my front door tismorning!

The snow and icicles from the roof!

The snow pack on the pine trees... there is 7 out front lining the front yard...6 on the side yard and one more really, really huge one on the other side...

Here is my weeping willow tree! All of the little limbs never fell off completely, so it is weeping in the back yard in winter, with snow.

Here's a back view, the snow was piled on the limbs of the maple tree.
I know it's not a lot of snow, but it sure made everything pretty!



2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! What a beautiful winter wonderland! I'm so jealous! :-) it was 70 degrees here yesterday UGH! Someday... when hubby retires we'll move up there and I'll have pretty winter wonderlands too. :D Thanks for sharing! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I wiggle my nose can I be there too? Thank you so much for sharing the pics. It is magical.

    ReplyDelete