Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Late Tues post..

Someone once told me that you should face your fears. Hmmm. Sometimes I think that person is really crazy. But, then, I always try to face my fears, and sometimes my fears are just silly little things.. (like the color brown...) but other times they can be quite large. Well, this fear I am sharing today, is the fear of the sock monkey. I hate that thing. I hate that he has come back into style! He was such a horrid little monkey, kinda like the "chucky" doll to me.
Maybe it was because of what my brother would do to me... yeah, gotta be it!! Well, I faced the fear and bought the sock monkey stamp set. (maybe that is my compulsion to own all of SU's stamp sets...that's another story for another time!) So I have this thing. I hate him. I really do. So I faced him today and made a card with the little bugger. I even colored him pink. Because I really don't like pink either, it made me feel a little better that the monkey has to wear it!
I was trying out a new technique too... that way if I hate it, I can blame it on the monkey... Above is the front of the card... to open it, you pull the card in the tab part.
Here it it pulls halfway out... you can see the tab on the left better now. Kinda cool, you pull the one side, and the other side magically comes out too!!

Here is the card when it is all the way open! If you want to make a double pull out card, here is a tutorial for you. Go HERE.
I am looking for something more substantial than the grocery sack to make it pull... if you have any ideas, please leave them for me!
Thanks! Hope you like the monkey better than me!


1 comment:

  1. Keersten,

    I love your card it's very cute. BTW, I hate the sock monkey too. I find nothing at all cute about him, in fact, I find him rather ugly and revolting. So, just wanted to let you know there is another demonstrator out their that too hates the sock monkey.

    Oh I won't buy him, still can't imagine I would ever use him to make a card or scrapbook.

    :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete