Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Son's B-day Today! & Dasher Shares

I have to start out the post, wishing my son, Jade, a happy birthday today! He is a whopping 13 years old! He is very excited to be a teenager, and the house made a big bang last night, ushering in a teenager into the home...

I'm getting ready to start out the Christmas Cards. Not my favorite thing to do. I wished that we all sent out 100 cards at Halloweener time. Now those cards are fun to make! Oh well. Someday maybe?
So I'm starting my Christmas Cards, and this year, I decided to use the "in Colors" from SU. Shouldn't be to hard right? Well, I also paired them with Old Olive, to put some green in there too. So here are 4 of my designs I think that I will use. Yep, they are all Dasher. I really liked him. I think its something about his antlers. Anyways, top card, uses the Suede, and Old Olive. I used some DP... its certainly celery, but it looks like snowflakes to me.
This card uses the Dusty Durango. I stamped his antlers all over the Suede for the texture. All of the Dashers are also embossed. I figured it was time to get the heat gun out. (smile)

I like this one. Maybe because I like yellow- a lot! But it seems more cheerful to me. Since I didn't use traditional Christmas colors... (Hubby would die, if I decorated the tree in yellow!)


Then here is the Melon one. I used silver paper and embossed in silver. I don't have the poinsettia template...so used this one instead. Also, I am afraid to cut my template to make it do what I want it to do... so you just have to pretend that those are Christmas flowers!
I have a few more designs in mind... so will be back tomorrow or the next day to share some more.



No comments:

Post a Comment