Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall Challenge

Squirty was taking a nap!! I had a chance to run to the scrap room and make a card for the new challenge on LNS. The challenge was the colors Old Olive, Ruby Red and Really Rust. I Love that color combination! So, I knew what I wanted to do.
I got out the glossy cardstock, and embossed me some leaves in black. (I used black craft and clear embossing powder) Then, on a scrap paper, I embossed some more leaves and a pumpkin.
On the leaf embossed page, I took my sponges and sponged the three colors on. I did olive first, then rust then ruby, as ruby is a really dark color and will overwhelm everything. Then I sponged color on the extra leaves and the pumpkin.
I cut the leaves and pumpkin out and layered them on the embossed leaf piece. I layered that on ruby, then a strip of rust that I tore. I layered the whole thing on old olive and then stamped the Happy stamp up the side.
Two of the leaves, I punched a hole in the ends with a pin and stuck wire through them then wound the wire around a sucker stick. I tucked it under the pumpkins handle.
Hope you like!



No comments:

Post a Comment