Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Envelope Cards

I joined in a challenge to use envelopes for the cards. The one where you cut the top of the envie off and crimp the bottom of the envie so it fits into the top part? Ok, so here is what I did. The top card I had to use my new little belt stamp. I love it! It comes with 4 different buckles, so I of course, I had to use one. The flourish is SU's.
This one was the stamp of the month from CTMH. I LOVE dandilions, so I had to get it. I don't know what it is about the little flower, but I like them. I remember once, I was really little, no younger brother, so I was less than six. I was out swinging on the swings, pretending I was an Indian Maiden...I know...my hair was swinging, I was wishing it was black instead of red/brown, when out of the corner of my eye, I spyed something yellow. What? I ran over and picked it up. It was a perfectly round, little yellow flower. How could that be? We had 3 acres of lawn, that my dad hand picked over every minute he wasn't in our garden. Hmmm, I looked really hard and came up with another flower! I ran all over that big yard picking up yellow flowers. I made me a crown! Pretty soon it was time to come in for lunch and my dad came home from work for lunch.
We sat down at the table, and I guess, I was a little yellow in color. My dad got a terrible look on his face and said, something to the effect of: well, it can't be repeated here. Well. I guess the look on my face was just as bad, because by then I was crying and my mom had to tell my dad how much fun I had had that morning. Needless to say, there were no more little yellow flowers at my house after that. Maybe that is why I like them so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment