Saturday, October 3, 2009

Card Making Day!

I joined in a challenge for Vintage. What ever I found "vintage" I needed to make a card with. Well, I have these old fashioned gloves, a ladies fan, keys and then I got this stamp of a ladies side face. It wasn't the one I wanted to use, but hey, I don't own every stamp!!
So, I took this one and used it and I think that it worked out pretty well.
To make the background, I masked off areas with removable tape...that turned out not to be removable. Where I pulled it off the paper, it left the paper fuzzy, HOWEVER, what I did to the base later, made those parts pretty cool.
Well, after masking, I sponged color on in three different colors of purple and pink. Then I stamped over the top of that. Then I pulled the masking off.
I rubbed my versa mark stamp pad over the whole card, and then dipped in clear embossing powder. I did this twice. The masked parts...have a really cool texture to them.
Then I cut out the lady and tore out the verse. All mounted on Razzleberry cardstock
Hope you like!


1 comment:

  1. Very unique blog.
    Fantastic content and great pictures.
    Wow...

    I would like to invite you to join a green community to stop global warming. Please visit:
    http://globalgreenview.blogspot.com

    Please share (email) this blog to your friends and family, so we can save our planet for next generation.

    Keep blogging.
    Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete