Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Crocheting!!

Just so you know I haven't been slothful! I have been doing some new layouts and things, but can't share them with you just yet. So, here is the latest thing that I finished. A crocheted blanket.
It has taken me about forever to finish it. It can cover a queen bed, but its for my mom's couch for mother's day. I started this little project about 3-4 years ago. Maybe 2...anyways, its taken FOREVER! It started out great. In one night I knocked out over 3 feet of it....then as it started getting bigger, it started taking longer and longer to make my way round it... It dragged on. So the other night, I got it out and said. "Keersten, you must finish this. They no longer make those colors of yarn. Whatever you have is what you have to finish it and you have two days to get it done." Well, when I speak to myself that way. I always do what I say. (mostly) So, I finished it in the two days.
Please don't ask me to make you one. You might not see it for a few years and I would stress and stress... :)


2 comments:

  1. Love it! My Grandma taught me how to crochet but I have not done it for years and only know a few basic stitches. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is going to love this!! Way to go. That is a TON of work!! I appreciate how long it takes..... having done one as well.

    ReplyDelete