Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Watches!

I've been a busy girl! I love, love, love watches! However, I am very, very picky. I mean it too. Every year I ask for a new watch for Christmas. Hubby has the hardest time, because I only accept watches that I approve of. Namely, they have to be gold, black face, diamond for a number (least one number)...after 18 years of marriage, he has a hard time finding one I don't have!
But then, I saw these beaded watches. It is a craze here. Everyone and their dog has one. Well, we were making them in church. So I signed up to make a couple. Not sure I would like them, because, for one, they are all silver faced, and pretty big. I guess though, that is the idea, a chunky watch. (not on my list...) So I am giving them a try! (branching out?)
The top one had a face to it. (3 of my faces didn't come, waiting for the mail man!) It is green, I really like how it turned out. I tried to make them all glass beads, I am not a fan of the plastic ones....

So here are 3 bands. I know! You see plastic! But it was pretty! I don't know if I will ever wear it, because it is so chunky...but you never know!

This one I made tismorning. My friend Shirley and I went to town yesterday. She wanted to learn how to make the watches. Oh my goodness! We were in town from 10 til 5:30! One should never look at beads that long. (actually, we stopped at a thrift shop too, good finds, good day!)


So here is my yellow one. I love yellow too. The yellow beads have crackling in them...


My purple one! You have to have a purple one right? The face is not here yet.. :( Shirley went over to her step-daughters house, and was telling her about the beaded watches, her daughter says, Oh, I have some of those, and proceeded to show her 20!! See how watch crazy it is here? Who needs 20 watches? (please don't remember I have 18 from Christmas's...)


Ok, here is a closer look at the red watch... Everyone needs a red watch too... :)
Now tell me you don't need to run out and make one for you too!!


1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness, Keerst, your talents are pheonominal!! These are GORGEOUS!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete