Friday, November 20, 2009

Trading Cards

I love trading cards. People ask me all the time though, what do you do with a trading card? They are only 2 1/4 inches by 3 1/4 inches. Well, I'll tell you! There are some that I really like, those, I decide whether I want to keep it for a design, or if I want to use it. If I keep it, I have a folder for them, so I can go through and look at them for inspiration. If I use it, I do something else.
The top pic, is of a trading card. I like it. I want to use it on a card. Sometimes I put them on scrapbook pages as an element... Anyways, here is how I turned "wanted" into a card.
I chose a light brown for the base, and then cut three strips of dark brown and layered them on the card. Then I cut 3 strips of the apricot-y, peach-y paper. I inked the three lighter papers, and stamped a stamp on each of the three. I happen to have this stamp set it was made from, so I used stamps from it. If I don't own the stamp set, I try to pick things that would go with it.

Then I layer the trading card onto the card front. Easy-peasy huh!






No comments:

Post a Comment