Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tube Mess

This is my test tube mess. Just when I though I had finished the project, I realize I forgot the Merry Christmas stamp on them, AFTER they were already assembled. Some-days.
Well, upper photo, is of the little boxes that will hold my tubes for my neighbors and friends, and my girlfriends neighbors and friends...50 in all...
Here are the little test tubes already filled with stuff! I got in on a bulk buy for test tubes...I didn't realize how small they were. I was a little bummed, and had to figure out what to put in them. What would fit? The size I thought they were, I had flavored sugars for one, and popcorn for the other, but these are really little guys. Didn't work. Candy was out, because you could fit about 15 M&M's in one tube, all sitting on each other.
So, I came up with this solution. I took (for 8 tubes) One carton of orange flavored drink mix... I used Crystal Light. (there are 6 tubs in one carton) Then I used 2 tubs from the Lemonade flavor, and then I added Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Allspice. Mixed it all together and funneled it into the tubes. One tube will hold one tub with a little spices added. (so one batch discribed above, will fill 8 tubes, with a pinch left over...)
After I filled all 100 tubes....I had a little left over, and I mixed it up with Sprite. WOW!!! That is some drink! My kids loved it and want me to open more of the tubes for them!
So, I think its a winner.

Here are the little tags telling how to mix it with sprite or water... I guess you'll have to wait to see the finished product, as there is stamping missing on them!! Hope I finish them all tonight, so I can get to work on other things!




No comments:

Post a Comment