Friday, September 3, 2010

Fair stuff!

Most of you know, I Love, Love, Love the fair.  I used to spend all day, every day there, then I had kids.  I spent most of the day there, but not everyday.  Sadly, I only get about 3 days in, but on the smiley note, they are worth it!
I love to enter things into the fair, some years I enter more than others, but this year, I entered something new!
I tried the baking category!
So here is what I did... (and I had to bake it all in one day for it to be fresh to take to the fair!) 
Here is my cake, it is an Oatmeal, Carmel Pecan cake. (I had to have 4 entries as one for this entry...it is for the 4 Star Baker...so this is 1 of 4)
Here is 2 of 4, it is Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies.

3 of 4, is my Bing Cherry Pie.  (Yes, I made my own pie filling.)
and here is 4 of 4, a loaf of white bread.
I ended up making 3 batches of bread that day, because they weren't turning out like I wanted them too, then I probably ruined it, because I put butter on the tops of the loaves when they came out.  So my crust isn't hard...  We will have to see.
SO!  Wish me Luck!!!  (I will find out on Monday!!)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I will be looking for your enteries. Maybe you will give me the courage to enter something another year. Again, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness ~ I'm drooling on my keyboard... Keersten it all looks great, but that cake is TO DIE FOR!! I must, must, must have that recipie! I L♥ve anything caramel!
    I'm sure you'll do great!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw your stuff at the fair. We saw ribbons! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete