Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What I love about the Fair

Here are a few of the things that I love about the fair.  Number one, would have to be this big pumpkin!  How can you not love a 460 pound ball of orangy goodness?  It so means Halloween is on the way!  Notice the pumpkin in the background?  You can sit in it!
Here is the second thing I love about the fair!  I love the pig barn.  My grandpa used to have a pig farm, and I learned to love pigs! 
Especially, their snoopies!!
Now, I don't love the horse barn.  I am not a fan of horses, I am a lover of Mules and Donkeys.  However, they were not at the fair yet, just the horses.  So here is a pretty one!
And sheep.  I love the way they bleat, and look how white this one is!  That is super!  I was afraid of the sheep when I was little, they all wear those coverings like in the back, and some have hoods on them.  I thought that the KKK owned them.  Scared me good!  I know better now, but it scared my kids too the first time they seen the hooded sheep!
I love, love, love the goatie barn!!  One year my sister & brother in law came to the fair with us, with their two little girls at the time.  Well.  One of the goats was delivering her baby when my nieces went by.  You should have heard them shrieking.  Poor momma goat.  They shouldn't have taken her to the fair that year!
I had to take a picture of this girl!  When I was younger, we went and got two goats, and brought them home in the back of our Bronco.  Hee, hee.  What a ride.  They both looked like this girl, and mine was named Mary Jane, and Trent's was named Nellie. (for the little house on the prairie girl...)  Loved those goats, we were small enough we could ride them, but would get in trouble.  I even let them eat paint when I painted the fence!  Also not allowed, but fun!  We had them forever!  So here's one for Nellie and Mary Jane!
One of the other things I love about the fair, is winning ribbons!!!  I took my baking you saw below... well, I got 3rd place for it!  I won $50 just for that entry!  Yippee!
I got 17 blue ribbons in all, and will share with you later!  Its still all at the fair...  :)

1 comment:

  1. Wowzers!! 17 blue ribbons and $50.00 ~ that's awesome! Congrats to you Keersten!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete