Sunday, March 13, 2011

5 Generation Picture

My BF's mom asked me if I would scrapbook some pictures for her last summer. I said sure, because I sometimes take peoples pictures and scrapbook them for them. So, that is what I was expecting. She said she'd get them to me. Well, about a month later, she brings me a packet, Here she says.
I not knowing what was in the package, said, well, do you want them on 8 1/2 by 11 or 12 by 12's? She said, I don't know. You just do what you think is best. That's when I looked in the packet and saw just 6 pictures! I was like, um. What exactly is it you want me to do?
She said, well, I had in mind you could scrapbook a generation picture for me.
OH.
Ok. I guess I know what to do now!

So here is what I came up with. I bought silk cording and went all around the inside of a shadow box that I bought. The inside is black fabric. The frame is cherry wood. Then I made a template for the size of photo's I wanted.
Here's the first one, it's Abby, one of the twins (5th generation)
Here's Maddie, (other twin, 5th generation)
The twin's mom (4th generation)
Grandma (3rd generation)
Great Grandma (2nd generation)
Great, Great Grandma (1st generation)
Sorry for the quality of the photos, but is hard taking them through glass! To get the photos to stick to the fabric, I mounted them all on Velcro. Lucky I did too, because the first time around, I put them all upside down!! Then I hot glued the silk rope, and all the buttons.
She was pretty pleased with it when I took it to her. She started to cry. Then she just sat and looked at it for a while. After I told her the damages... ($$$) She asked me if I would make another one for a granddaughter of her's, using several different pictures!!!
I was pretty excited too!
Something funny that happened, I resized, touched up, re colored etc. the pictures. My printer kept elongating them, so I went to Walmart to print them. They made me sign a release saying I was the photographer for the first two pictures!! Saying they were copyrighted because they could tell from the background. I said I would, because the first two are pictures, of pictures, plus I redid them. I thought it was funny though. The first one is over 120 years old. I said, I feel pretty good being this old! They said, yeah, your moisturizer is fabulous!
Hope you like!!




No comments:

Post a Comment