Monday, December 27, 2010

New Recipe Binder

I needed a new recipe binder.  So I got playing around and here is what I come up with.  Only, this is just for Desserts!  So, I will have to make another one for other recipes!  So here goes!  This is the cover..  I got my paper over at ETM.  It was the Hot Chocolate style.  It came with the sticker letters and the cardstock stickers too...

 Here is the first divider, it is for Cakes...it has a tab on the side, but the tab stays with the protective cover...
 The next divider is for Cookies.  I tried to do the folded paper theme on all of the pages.  It kinda looks like ribbon.  Then, it was having a hard time sticking to the paper, so I got out my sewing machine...
 This divider is for Pies... me and my sewing machine go way back.  It is a singer, it only does the straight stitch it is soooo old.  I was ancient when I received it for Christmas when I was 10!  It is blue, metal and weighs close to 30 pounds or more.  She is one heavy girl!
 This is for Candy....my poor sewing machine, it made creaks and groans, and needs oiled very, very badly.  There were times when it wouldn't even put the needle down.  I feel bad for it.  But I learned something.  You shouldn't tape/glue and sew.  It gums up the needle and breaks the thread.  Or, you should use wax thread...:)
 Last divider is for Other, like puddings and such... Don't fret too much over my poor sewing machine.  I will take care of her.  Maybe instead of sewing coats and Levi, she will be devoted to paper now! 
Hope you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment