Thursday, April 16, 2009

Inchies! First attempt


I was blog hoppin and found this site for inchies! I thought I would try them. From what I gather, the rule of thumb is, the artwork itself is 1 inch by 1 inch. You can then frame it after that if you want to. So, I had a couple of hours to myself yesterday and I got started.

It was so much fun. I thought it would be hard to do just an inch, but you should see how many stamps you have in your stash, that are actually an inch or smaller!

The ape is Hunter's favorite. He loves monkeys. It is actually just her face, my stamp had her whole body. (I believe her name is Amy and she is from Mostly Animals) I found my African stamps and I have the inch version, plus a 2 inch one, so of course I used the inch ones! I combined them to make one picture. (framing is something safe to do with these, I saw some scrapbook pages with them too...)

For all of these, I stamped them on Glossy paper, watercolored them, inked the page with versamark and then clear embossed them. Several times. The background for the pear stamp on the top, I clear embossed it enough times that I could do the cracked glass in it.

Had a blast! Can't wait to do more!

No comments:

Post a Comment