Monday, April 20, 2009

Gamasol Technique

images from SU, Branch Out & A Kind Word

It is so hard to post on weekends! I went all over town looking for Gamasol. I saw what everyone was doing with it and wanted to try it really bad. Nobody here has it....or knew what it was. So, my friend Joani, came to the rescue! She told me to try http://www.dickblick.com/ and sure enough they had it! Come to find out, it is really odorless mineral spirits. Much like turpentine, but without the stink!

To use it for the technique, you have to have colored pencils, and not watercolor ones, it has to have wax in them, prismacolor pencils works great here. This picture I tried the Stampin Up! pure color pencils, and it seems to work well with those. I have some prisma ones coming from Dick's, so that I have a larger color range.

You use blending stubs, the ones you use if you draw in charcoal or pencil. You dip your stub into the spirits and blend on your image you colored. I was really worried that it would create a ring around the paper, make the paper discolor, warp the paper, tear the paper, etc.... but no worries! It really helps blend the colors and makes them brighter!

This was my first attempt at it. Its ok, but I look forward to getting my other colors and improving on it!

1 comment:

  1. Well Mrs. Keersten, for a first attempt it looks fabulous! I think she looks awesome! Great work! That's pretty much how I color most of the time.
    I can't wait to see what you create next.
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete