Thursday, June 17, 2010

Family Heritage...puppy dog

Hi. I thought I would share with you one of the projects that I have been working on. My aunts asked me the other day to make an album cover for the Family Heritage Album, that they have been working on. It is an album about my grandparents and their kids, and their kids... so, I went to work. This is the cover I came up with. I don't have any pictures of my grandparents, so my aunt was going to get them and put them in the scallop circles. I picked pictures of them when they were 16 & 21....(that's when they got married.) So imagine!!
Here's a closeup of the center, I did the two hearts with their initials on them. Can you believe getting married that soon? She was married at 16, first baby at 17... and she went on to have 9 more children, for a total of 10, and all of them lived. My dad is the second son, third child.
Here is where their pictures would go, if I had some. Which is a good thing we are doing the book, because then I will have pictures of them. My grandma was really cute with finger waves in her hair. I have always wanted finger waves! My grandma had black hair, and my grandpa was a blondie!
Here's a closeup of the bottom, showcasing our family name. It was really hard for me to take my husbands name when we got married. I didn't want to lose mine. But I did it anyways....

Hope everyone likes the cover.... on that side of the family, of course I have the 9 sets of aunts and uncles... but I also have 48 cousins, and I have no idea how many children they have all had, so it should be a fun thing to find out! We are having a family reunion this weekend.

On another note... look at this baby! Is he not a cute little bugger???? My mom just got him as their dog died... The new baby's name is Yo. Murphy. He is a schnoodle. Half schnauzer, half poodle. So he doesn't shed, and where he came from, he was taught not to bark, so he doesn't bark either. However, every once in a while, he lets out a mournful howl. Sounds just like a peacock! He is a really cute fur baby... Mom taught him to fetch and come in 2 days! And.. he is litter trained, as he is in quarantine until he has his last puppy shots!

Cutie huh!



1 comment:

  1. I don't know about you!! That book is so awesome. I wish I could be there and see everyone..and the pictures... the family.. the love,,, the work.. the..everything! How we miss you all.
    Then that puppy!I am sorry the other dog died, but this guy is darling. He had me at Hello!

    ReplyDelete