Friday, July 23, 2010

Look what the boys found!!

Look what the boys found!! I should have taken a picture of him last night. He was nothing but a twig like thing, you could see his bones and his skin was tight, I thought he was a goner. But, we put him in a container, added dirt, water and some WORMS! Tismorning, here he is a plump cute little creature!
I looked him up on the internet, he is a Giant Idaho Salamander. Problem is, he is not native to my area of Idaho. I don't know how he got here. He is only about 4 inches long, not counting his tail.
Last night the boys found him in their window well. He was pretty cold and like I said, starving!
SO, we have a salamander....
Its ok, because 2 nights ago, Dilly, my white chicken, she got eaten by a raccoon. Now we have to pen the chickens up at night. Tismorning when Jade let Lucky out the pen, she went charging after him clucking and trying to peck him. She came up to me and you should have heard all of her chicken talk. She is very PO'd about being penned at night, raccoon or no raccoon.
Here are few recipe cards I have been working on... The first if for a monthly swap, my month was September. The theme was Jewish, so I chose bagels.

This one was April, Eggs, so I did egg salad sandwiches. I add chicken to mine...

Here's a crock pot one that I did...

And my chicken veggie lasagna...

I hosted a monthly swap on Splitcoaststampers... so in the next few days I will be showing you all the swaps I received!!
Hope you like!



No comments:

Post a Comment