Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Long Time no See!

Here's a little card I whipped up yesterday because of all the snow! I was just putting a little sunshine back into my world! It was really cloudy and dreary yesterday. Not that I don't like that, but it makes my house really, really dark inside.
I had a lot of running yesterday, hubby's car wasn't working properly, so took him to work, went grocery shopping, and shopping... then came home. Went back to town to take him to lunch... went to my kids school to drop of canned goods, then took him to the doctors for a second XRay on his hand... Seems he is going to be fine! He doesn't need pins in it! Came back home again, and it was time to make supper! Glad someone lives way out here so Hubs had a ride back home!

The other day, I had time to make my own cherry chocolates! My first try at it. The lady showed me how by taking fondant and making a ball, flattening it, wrapping it around the cherry, rolling it smooth. Well, half an hour later, I had 6 balls. Not happening. So, I rolled the fondant out like you would for a cake.... cut little squares with the pizza cutter and wrapped the cherries in that. Lickity split! I had the whole jar done in 15 minutes! It was a few days before I took a picture of them, and they are pretty cold right now...got some moisture on the chocolate from the fridge...so, there is the discoloring... but they taste great! The fondant has already melted in them!
Made some haystacks too. I love haystacks. Forgot to buy the papers for them, so ended up scooping them with the small cookie scoop, and dropping them into my pampered chef's mini muffin tins. Worked great!


then, I had to make another beaded watch band. This one is for me. I got a red face for it. This one I like. I like mine no so chunky... so this one is great for me! I double the cord through the big beads...

So, that's what I've been up to lately. Have some truffle centers in the fridge, so will get to making them today!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment