Monday, July 16, 2012

Hello.  I've been gone for a while.  With good reason though.  I have been busy though.  I made these little boxes of chocolates for my neighbors who have been bringing my family food...
 I copied the design of the little flowers from the SU catalog.  It was just too dang cute not to.
 So here you can see the box before I get the chocolates in them...
When I'm done, I am going to stamp a saying that says, So Grateful in the centers.... just no pic yet...
 a few more...
 I've been making these when I get a chance.  You see, earlier this summer, I got diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer.  The good thing is that it is totally treatable.  You just have moments when you don't think that it is.  I have learned that it is going to take a good while before I feel like me again.  Shoot.  But first I had to have surgery to remove the dang cancer.
 Here's my new neck smile.  I am so swollen, that I have wrinkles in my neck.  The doc said that the incision was only 1.5 inches long.... um, I think I am taking a ruler to the doc appointment to show him what 4+ inches looks like.
I'm very tired...not sleepy, tired.  But its because I don't have the right meds for my thyroid yet.  I am on a low iodine diet for several weeks, awaiting my iodine radiation therapy.  So, we shall see what happens next in this adventure...
On a funny note, my friend told me that after I am radiated, that I need to go to the airport through security so I turn on the alarms.  He said I should just run through them a couple of times.  Yeah.  I'm thinking about it!




3 comments:

  1. Hi there, I just found you by browsing the net! I was looking through your site and saw the picture of your neck. I was just wondering if you had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer? I am a tyroid cancer survivor and I thought I would just check with you. I hope all is going good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Misty, I have thyroid cancer and that was taken just after they removed the thyroid. I have to have iodine radiation therapy. I am still waiting for it (4 weeks on the diet so far and iodine levels not down yet) How long have you gone without a reoccurance?

      Delete
  2. Hi - I love your work, and am so sorry to hear you are going through a difficult time. You are in my prayers. I'm sorry I never posted before to tell you how much I enjoy looking through your projects. ~Amy

    ReplyDelete