Friday, February 18, 2011

Soooo Non-stamping related!!

Ok, so I have something to share, but it is not stamping related at all! You see, it has to do with my couch. Yep, my beloved couch. Here is a picture of my poor worn out "little" thing. Only, she's not so little. My couch was over 10 feet long. They don't make them like that anymore. She was also very sturdy, but, alas, over 42 years that I know of, kids jumping over, using cushions for play houses, she just kinda is wearing out.
See the fraying on the seats? See the tops of all the back pillows? She had a very good life. She was once my parents. Then, they got a new couch set, and like that, I got my first matching couch ever! My couch came from the DI, for 5 dollars, and I was very, very happy to see that thing go. (It was orange!) This girl here, had a sister. We lost her in a flood though. :( So.
My parents were thinking about a new couch set....
Hubby said, OH NO! I am not getting another hand me down couch. (He really loves this one... he spends a lot of nights on it. hee, hee)
So, off we went to the couch store. Mind you, we've been doing this for over 3 years. We just cannot agree on a couch. He wants leather, I wanted quilted. Dang. So, in we go.
They had this one there. I knew Hubby loved it. Me, not so much. I really had my heart set on the quilted yellow floral print, but I knew that wasn't ever gonna happen in this lifetime. SO... I did the unthinkable. I actually agreed with my Hubby on something! (imagine!) We got to bring him home. He's chocolate and carmel leather, and the pillows are green paisley. OK!!
Look. He even had a little brother!!
This is my first NEW couch set since I have been married. (that 18 1/2years for you who don't know...) So, I am very excited. It fits the house perfectly!
I called my parents to tell them. Mom says, what have you been doing? I said, Oh, just moving furniture. Mom say, Keers, remember what you told me is wrong with people who move furniture all the time? I said, Yep. They are sexually frustrated. But mom I say. This is new furniture. She started screaming in my ear! Yep, happy day. Then she starts giggling, your husband she says, he really didn't want our old couch did he! :)
Hope you like!

1 comment:

  1. love love LOVE!!! I'm with you... I need a new couch too but seems like unless I find one at a thrift store I'm out of luck. Don't they make country upholstered couches anymore??? It looks like you have found a wonderful compromise. Congratulations. Hope your hubby enjoys sleeping on his new bed. :D hee hee hee *wink* :D
    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete