Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Personal Recipe Album

I needed a new recipe album for the recipes I design for ETM.  I thought that I would make one of my own, with one of my favorite colors.  I found the papers at Michaels.  They are Bohemia from My Mind's Eye and two papers from Anna Griffin.  All the pages matched so well, I was so excited.  One of my favorite colors is Red.  (Purple being the "most" favorite) but red is the color of my kitchen.  So, have a look!
Here is the outside cover.  The papers had a sea blue through them, so I used it as the accent.
The album is 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 inches.
 here is the side view...all books must look good from the spine! 
 Here are what my tabs look like, and they are the same on both sides.  I attached them to the protector.  I used a hinge punch and a circle punch.
 So here is the appetizer page.  I gathered my ribbon right on the page.
 My next page.  I loved that one of the Anna Griffin papers had botanical all over them.  So I cut most of them out for accents on the page.  This one has a butterfly.
 This one has a Lilly for an accent, but the page behind, also has one!  I gathered the ribbon on this page too, but the ribbon was crinkly ribbon.
 here is for sides.  This was probably my least favorite paper.  Big funky flowers, and lots more blue than I wanted, but I think it turned out ok.
 my breads divider, with a delicate Lilly on it.
 This is the last page, desserts.  I gathered ribbon on it too.  I really liked the jumbo sunflower.
So that's my book!!  Hope you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment