Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Chester....tea cup

I colored up this cute little guy from Kraftin Kimmie.  His name is Chester and I colored him in prismacolor pencils on craft cardstock.  I cut him out and put him with my little vintage teacup I made.

Here is my little tea cup!  I saw quite a few of them on pintrest, but none were the size I wanted, so I made my own pattern up.
I cut a piece of decorative paper 5 3/4 by 3 inches.  I  scored it on the long side 7/8th inches all the way down .  On the short side I scored at 3/4th and 2 inches.  
Then I took my bag punch board and punched on the long side at every score line.
I notched out the bottom corner using my scissors.
I folded the paper all the way around and folded the top 3/4 th inch down, then I glued together the solid side pieces, making a 6 sided cup with a open bottom that has the punches.
I then glued each punched opening to the opposite side, making the rounded bottom of the cup.  I used 1/4 inch strip by 3 inches to make the handle.
I glued it on to a doily for the base.
You can go here, to see this ladies step by step procedure...I just used my own measurements.

Hope you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment