Thursday, August 24, 2017

Eclipse!


We were in direct path of totality for the eclipse!  They kept giving hype about it saying that 500,000 people were going to come.  I didn't believe it, but a lot of people did come.  My cousin who lives 50 miles away, took her over 41/2 hours to get home afterwards.
The strangest thing though is our neighbors across the street left and when they did, some random people pulled up and onto the middle of their lawn to watch the eclipse....okaaaay.  They left as soon as it started to come out of totality.
SO, I don't have a fancy camera, but here is what I got.
 Shadows from the leaves, before totality, and then the double shadow of myself.

 Hunter, ready for it, but not enthused.



 Just for fun, my hubby acting like the poser, because he got his canoe loaded....








 Very silent all around.  The dogs stopped barking, the chicken started roosting.  It was this color 360 degrees around us. Then the neighbors started shooting shot guns, and the other neighbors started fireworks...and everyone was whooping and hollering.  People are so weird.





 My weirdo's staring at the eclipse....

 Leaves after totality.


Hope you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment