Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bottle Caps

Bottle Caps! I don't know why we love them. I love them. There is just something about bottle caps that is neat. I collected them as a kid. I have some stashed away in a drawer from dates with boys, I saved the bottle cap. One day we were out junkin, and I found an old glass bottle, filled with bottle caps! Coke ones, Pepsi ones, Root beer...all intact, AND with the corks still inside of them. My mom says as a kid, they used to take the cork out, and put it under their shirts, put the cap on top and pop the cork back in, presto, a neat bottle cap pin to wear!
I just love the dang things. So, I though, hmmmm, bottle cap jewelry? Yep. So I made a few of them... just about 100!!
Here is Cookie! You have to love the cookie monster! (sorry my pic is not clear...not a camera wiz!)
I made key chains.... I used the resin, and my beads... and that old internet find that I had to have almost 11 years ago! It was actually my first ebay win. I won't tell you what it was, that is still my secret!
The Muppets...
Some teddy bears... plus, you must always have a Halloween thing! So some spidies!
Sesame Street was my fav show as a kid. Oscar & Snuffie were my favorite characters. Too bad I couldn't find a small Snuffie!!
but I did find this Zebra...I used some charms and things. I think the necklace turned out pretty well! I made quite a few... they are addicting!
Third batch!
Hope you like!



No comments:

Post a Comment