Sunday, November 1, 2009

Candy Bar Challenge

Over at Late Night Stampers... they had a challenge and it was to make a card, using your favorite candy bar as the inspiration.
I can do that I thought.
So, went to the candy counter at the local farcnarcles... (that's what we call the closest mom and pop store..something from my childhood) and there, there were all the candy bars! Well, my most favorite is M&M's. But I wasn't sure if that counted as a candy bar.. so I put that in my basket. Then I picked up a twix, they didn't have the peanut butter ones... something with peanut butter and chocolate cookie...hmmm, put that in the basket. I grabbed a Baby Ruth, well, because, I like them. But then I saw it! The Farr's Idaho Huckleberry Cordial. I LOVE THOSE!!
If you have never had fresh huckleberries, you are missing out. We go hunt for these little berries worth their weight in gold, in July. Farr's, a local candy company, they make these Cherry Cordials, that I have to make myself not buy, well, this year, they made them with Huckleberries!
That was it. I can do that challenge. Got my favorite candy bar, and my favorite color to boot! (plus some extra in the basket, to give me more sugar inspiration!) (no.. I didn't eat them all in one day!)
SO hope you like what I came up with!



2 comments:

  1. What a perfectly lovely candy-inspired card! I can only imagine how delicious that candy is. We traveled in your region and ate huckleberry jams and jellies...they were SO good! Anyway, love your card!!

    Thanks for listing me on your blog also! :) I'm enjoying seeing your artwork!

    Margaret Raburn (Fun Stampin' with Margaret)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card you came up with it is truly beautiful and a very close likeness to that absolutely fabulous description of that candy, made my mouth water, almost got in the car and started driving, LOL....lucky you....
    Beautiful blog by the way

    ReplyDelete